Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project
click on map for larger image:
I want to learn more about:
The Durham-Chapel HIll-Carroboro MPO selected a Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) which we refer to as the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project. This route begins at a proposed station called Alston Avenue/NCCU, runs 17 miles and serves major activity centers, and generally follows the North Carolina Railroad Corridor, 15-501, I-40, and NC 54 to end at UNC Hospitals.
A Notice of Intent (NOI) was published in the Federal Register indicating that the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Triangle Transit intend to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Durham-Orange LRT Project. The NOI includes the project's draft Purpose and Need; descriptions of the alternatives to be studied during the EIS; and provides links to specific materials on this website which are relevant to the proposed Project.
Read the News Release announcing the scoping process for Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project.
All Public Workshop Handouts and Exhibits are available on this page below, click here to go directly.
The Board of Orange County Commissioners met on June 5 to discuss this Plan.
The Scoping Report for the Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit Project is used as a tool to summarize the major issues raised during environmental scoping and points to how these issues will be addressed by the Federal Transit Administration. The Report is made available to parties invited to the Regulatory Agencies & Stakeholders Meeting on August 21, 2012, 1:00 - 3:00 PM, at the Friday Center in Chapel Hill, and may be further refined after the August 21st meeting. The public is welcome to attend this meeting and observe the proceedings.
- The entire Scoping Report with Appendices (PDF | 825 pages | 46 MB)
The Scoping Report has been divided into more manageable sections for downloading.
- Body of the Scoping Report (PDF | 46 pages | 3.9 MB)
- Appendix A: Scoping Notification, Media Notices, Email invitations, Webpages (PDF | 41 pages | 2.2 MB)
- Appendix B: Scoping Information Booklets in English and Spanish (PDF | 35 pages | 3.8 MB)
- Appendix C: Officials Briefing Booklet (PDF | 11 pages |1.4 MB)
- Appendix D, Part 1: Agencies Meeting Materials | May 2, 2012 (PDF | 56 pages | 3.4 MB)
- Appendix D, Part 2: Officials Meeting Materials | May 3, 2012 (PDF | 59 pages | 3.1 MB)
- Appendix D, Part 3: Public Workshops Materials | May 2 and 3, 2012 (PDF | 39 pages | 14.8 MB)
- Appendix E, Parts 1- 4: Comments from Public, Agencies, and Institutions (PDF | 113 pages | 4.0 MB)
- Appendix E, Part 5: Public Comments 1 thru 100 | verbatim, as submitted (PDF | 137 pages | 8.9 MB)
- Appendix E, Part 5: Public Comments 101 thru 200 | verbatim, as submitted (PDF |127 pages | 2.7 MB)
- Appendix E, Part 5: Public Comments 201 thru 274 | verbatim, as submitted (PDF |155 pages | 5.1 MB)
- Appendix F: Cooperating Agencies Correspondence (PDF | 6 pages | Less than 1 MB)